Re: $600 repair bill - is this a fair price?

Can you tell me what the symptoms were initially to cause you to change the intake gasket? I think I may have a similar problem on a 94 Grand Prix with a 3.1. I go through almost a quart of oil every

300 - 400 miles or so. I never foul the plugs, and there is no oil on the ground, so I'm told it's getting burnt off under the intake. Is this the case?

Thanks, Bill

I just had to get the intake manifold gasket replaced on my 95 Grand Am > (3100). The serpentine belt tensioner was broken and also needed replaced. > The bill was approx $600. Does this sound like a fair price? I'm wondering > if I should take my next major repair back to the same guy. > > TIA > > Don > > >
Reply to
Bill