Re: Crash Tests of Sport Utility Vehicles, Minivans and Sedans

I have never owned a vehicle that could go anywhere when my foot was on the brake, even it I tramped on the throttle. If yours does, you better have your brakes inspected. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Does all this mean these models are prone to crashing? I doubt a Boeing

777 would do well in a crash test, but the idea is not to crash.

There are a lot of deficiencies in cars that make them prone to crash.

One of them is the self-propulsion tendency of cars to go when you don't even step on the gas pedal. Try it. Start your engine, release the parking brake, put the transmission in Drive and step out of the car (quick-like). Your car will suddenly have a mind of its own and crash into something, probably destroying itself in the process. Nice cars G.M. builds these days...self crashing.

Not to pick on G.M., a lot of cars have this mean-spirited behavior. Most of them, in fact. Probably yours included.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

You missed a step. Todays cars won't come out of Park unless and until the driver presses down on the brake pedal.

How many times did you try this little trick.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I hope you walk or use a bike. Some drivers are just too stupid to handle todays cars, as you know.

Reply to
Spam Hater