Repairs in Chicago for '69 Firebird

I am acquiring my first "classic" car - a 1969 firebird -- and would like recommendations for mechanics and body shop/paint guys in the Chicago area. Quality is most important, location in or just west of city preferred. Nothing major wrong yet but I suspect I ought to be prepared. AND, if there is somebody you think I should avoid, let me know that as well.

Thanks

Reply to
Doug

Too bad you didn't post this a few months ago, I would of recommend you go to some of the car shows at Kane, Lake and Dupage County Fairgrounds and talk to some of the folks there that have classic cars on display. They no doubt know of the better shops in the area. Some car owners even advertise what shops did what to their cars on fancy looking painted mirrored signs set up in front of the cars.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~269,000 miles_~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face