"security"light on

my 94 grand prix has the feature of the chip in the key and a "security" light on the dash that has something to do with the set up of this system.as of lately the security light has been comming on a few minutes after the car has been started and driven and will go off shortly,there has a few times that the car would not start then everything was fine again. are these symptoms tied together????

Reply to
res0ta8b

It's the passlock featuer in the key, if it's happening frequently, I'd get a dealer to look at it, or check with a mobile car starter shop because there are Passlock bypass kits that will work with your car. I thikn they're about $40.

BTW, it's not a chip, there's a dent in the key at a certain spot. I thin GM could get around this by using round keys and a starter button. But then again.. what do I know?

Reply to
Kmikl