Strut your stuff !!

I need to replace the rear struts and upper mount in my 1996 grand prix. It has the single fiberglass spring that runs from side to side. How hard is it to replace the struts and upper bumper in this car ? I had read that I need to use a special spring compressor on this fiberglass leaf spring is this true ? Because I don't have one of those.

If anyone has ever worked on one of these cars can you tell me if I could somehow do it myself , with normal tools. I should also mention that there is no coil spring around the strut on this model. All I have to go by is a tiny Haynes manual, and it is not too good.

Please help me to understand what to do. Thanks Mike

Reply to
Mike

I can say I did that repair without a spring compressor. I simply don't own one. I don't remember exactly how I did it. I may have used the weight of the car to get it back together. I don't remember, but that's the kind of thing I'd do.

Reply to
Joe