TORQUE STEER

Can someone describe Torque Steer, it's causes and how it is eliminated?

Thanks in advance,

Larry

Reply to
Larry Winkler

I have limited knowledge on it really. But it is in the case of front wheel drives that this happens. I suppose AWD cars could too, but I don't think it's ever been a problem. It's more the transaxle/differential that cause the problem I think. When torque becomes great in FWD, one wheel will pull more than the other, pulling your car to one side. It's torque steer because your steering wheel WILL actually move, and you will physically have to fight it with your arms. As far as eliminating it. Good luck to anyone. Having positraction would probably take car of it, but then you would certainly have some major handling problems being a FWD. And I don't know that you could get posi for a FWD anywhere anyway. Stiffining the suspension and upgrading it may help some.

Tony

Reply to
Tony V.

To keep the reply short as I can....

(search for "torque steer" or "what is torque steer")

Reply to
Bonnevilles R Kewl

the equivilent to a limited slip differential in a FWD transaxle would help alleviate it.

Reply to
Paradox