Windshileld? Montana

2004 Montana. Have had wind noise from the drivers side roof at highway speeds(100kms--60mph). Sounds like a trumpet when the wind hits it the right way.Took it to the dealer and they road tested it and when the noise was heard, the mechanic said theat he had a Venture that did the same thing and they ended up changing the windshield. The first thing they are going to do is take off the strip on that side of the windshield and use tape over the lip that is there. Test it and if that doesn't work then they said that the only other thing to do is change the windshield to eliminate the noise.

Has anyone else had or heard of this problem? If so please comment.

Thanks Mike

Reply to
Mike

wp23

wp23:

That's going to cost you a few bucks. TheSolar Ray windshields are quite pricy. Have you tried the fix at:

If you can copy and paste this into your browser. If not it says this:

pjakob [] AF Newbie Joined: Nov 2004

02-10-2005, 07:36 AM Buzzing Noise on the highway (Post #1) Has anyone ever encounter a problem like this.............

At highway speeds my 04 Montana make a buzz or hum sort of noise from the dash area. I cannot pin point the exact spot but it is in front of the driver. It comes on and off and had no variation in the sound. I checked the plastic shroud at the base of the windshield and tapped it down - no change. I turned the wipers on and off - no change. The van has OnStar - could it be the antenna?

Any suggestions?

TIA.

The dealer will use duct tape under the door seal to stop the noise. I had this done yesterday. We couldn't get the vehicle to recreate the noise as of yet.

Being off warranty, you could try this simple fix also:

I have 2004 Montana and also had a problem that sounds like yours. The bright young tech at my dealer had just recently tracked down the cause, by accident, he said. Open the drivers and passenger doors to expose the edge of the windshield. There you can see the edge of the moulding the windshield sits in and the edge of the door seal moulding. The fix is this: take a blade scewdriver and tuck lip on the edge of the door seal under the lip of the windshield moulding. Start at the top or bottom and work your way to the other end. So simple! Solved my problem which was worst in crosswinds.

Good luck with it wp23 and please post the results.

Sorry about ALL the copy and paste and being so lenghty guys

Mike

begin 666 sm_search.gif M1TE&.#EA"P`+`,0=`'ET=WIW=KBSL[7+U2\S,_#T\FAJ8K+%SKS,T(N)BOK_ M_^KX^'5O;.3__[7 Q?O_]

Reply to
Mike