04 Montana

My wife is dead set on getting a 04 montana, I have just looked at the post's here and found a good deal bad with them. Would you go buy another one today if u could?

Reply to
mat

Take her in for test drive other van as well such as Toyota/Mazda MPV/Chrysler/Honda Odessy. I have friend who has a Montana (I think it is

2000) said never again. I have heard engine intake problem on 3.4 L but not until it hit 50 to 80,000 Km. My brother has a Honda van and quite happy with it. I had a Transport with 3.8L that never gave me any problem other than doors switches. If you do decide to go with Montana, bring it to GM (unless you buy from GM) to have the engine check for intake problem. Check the link below for Montana survey
Reply to
Paul

Love ours. It's a 2000. The only issue is the wiper arm, which I haven't taken the time to fix yet. It pops when turning and I haven't checked that yet.

Everything else about the van is terrific. Was definitely buy another one.

Lannie

Reply to
LS

I wouldn't buy one to begin with. Definitely test drive the Odyssey, Sienna, and the Kia Sedona. I've driven many Sedonas and I think the perform and ride significantly better than the GM minivans. I've also found the Sedona to be very reliable. Also be sure to compare the interior room. The Sedona is smaller and I'm not sure about the Odyssey and Sienna.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I test drove all of the above and none of them had the room and looks I wanted. Too small.

Reply to
LS

Actually the Odyssey is larger than Montana with better Hp power engine that is if you want to pay a lot more than Montana van. New Mazda MPV or Sienna also larger than Montana. Montana is a nice van but just be sure you have extended warranty cover since its reliability could be a bit better. I would own one today if purchasing cost is an issue. If not I would buy Sienna or Honda. So paying it now or later.

Cheers,

Reply to
Sing

If it has a 3.1ltr or a 3.4ltr, I wouldn't even look at it. If one was given to me, I woyld trade it off on a Honda Odyssey. The Odyssey is a little bigger, more power and better gas mileage.

Joel

Reply to
Joel

The 04 doesn't have the head gasket problem. The head gasket was redesigned a few years ago. You should be fine.

Reply to
Tj

Reply to
Rich

I have an '02 with AWD with over 51,000 miles. The only major problem I have with it is finding a trailering plug that works with the GM wiring harness. GM doesn't make one for it - they make the hitch, but not the electrical plug. Other than that, I absolutely love it.

One more note - you'll hear mostly about problems in groups like this because people are looking for answers.

Mike Ober.

Reply to
Michael D. Ober