91 C4 question about upgrading to a board computer

Hi everyone, I just purchased my second Porsche 911. I already own a

1995 993 Cabriolet and my cab has the board computer in the tachometer, which is quite nice, showing the digital speed, outside temperature and much more. My latest arrival is a 1991 C4 (yes the engine was totally resealed) and the car doesn't have the board computer. I can purchase the tach and the control lever easily on the net, but my question is, has anybody ever added the board computer to a 911 that didn't have that option factory? Are there other parts needed besides the tachometer and the control lever? Is it plug and play or whats envolved to install it. Please email me as I haven't figured out to view this group yet snipped-for-privacy@aol.com I don't have the new Porsche C4 yet, it's being shipped to me and I should see the car early next week. Thanks so much for your help. Martin
Reply to
bnzmn600