Advice newer Porsche Models--I sold my 924S

I just sold my 924S and will be looking for a newer model in the spring. I've driven the Boxster S, it drives well and has great acceleration. I'm looking for a 1998-2000 model.

I'm looking for recommendations on other models in the $20-25K range. Some I'm considering due to a little familiarity with the front engine/water cooled are 944S2 and 968. I've heard so many good things about the 911 line and Boxster, I'd like to get opinions from drivers on ownership, maintenance and overall inpressions.

Thanks to all

Mike Osborn

Reply to
Mike

The last 968 was made in 1995, but they are great cars, lot more useable then Boxsters and way cheaper then 911's. You can still find pristine, low mileage examples if you are patient. They hold their prices quite well at the moment too. Best place to check out is the 968 owners forum on: http://65.61.16.109/forum/default.aspregards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

I wouldn't worry. If you liked the 924, then you'll like any other Porsche. You can't be sensible buying a supercar, they are not sensible cars. So don't be. Just buy one. If you want to be sensible then buy a Ford Mondeo.

Reply to
Jeremy Jezzer Clarkson

Mike,

I had a 944S2 Cabriolet and am shopping Boxsters. My reasoning is that the Boxster is in line with the 944/968 power-wise, but has more of the modern upgrades. It handles better than a 944/968 as well.

Reply to
Devils944S2