Boxster: buying an used one

I'm looking for an used boxster S, 2000 or 2001 MK

Just one question about about depreciation.

Is it the marvellous one I can see in any car magazine? It seems to me that every year a Porsche like the one I liked will cost me yust nothing compared to any other car on the market (I live in Italy). If I bought for instance a new Golf 2.0 TFSI and I presume to keep it for 5 years, it will cost me

3.600 euro per year (depreciation only) instead of 2.700 euro of an used porsche S MK 2000. Is it really the trouth that Porsche will keep better value than any other car in the market?

If some one likes to know my own way to calculate the depreciation of a car, please contact me. I find the real percentage of depreciation controlling on car magazines and on the internet prices of the the same model for any year, and then I make the comparison with different years.

A 2000 Porsche value today is about 57% of a new one A 1995 Porsche value today is about 39% of a new one.

So, if I buy an 2000 Boxster S used one today I pay more or less 32.000 euro; in 5 years it will be 21.900, less a fixed amount of 3.500 euro for the dealer when you resell the car it means more or less 13.600 euro in 5 years (= 2.700 per year).

Ciao to everyone.

Reply to
Gira