CARFAX Help --VIN Number: WP1AB29P54LA69635

Hi all,

I am getting very close to purchase this 2004 Cayenne S. Can anyone help me to get the Carfax report for this Cayenne? Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Reply to
pangtk

Let me get this straight, you are looking to purchase a vehicle that retailed for $55,900. and you are not willing to spend 24.99 to see if it has been wrecked.

This may not be the best purchase for you, if the price of a carfax is out of your range.

Bernard

Reply to
Bernard Farquart

"Bernard Farquart" wrote

I was thinking the same thing - actually if you want only one VIN it's only $19.99.

One wonders if he's also going to do his own oil changes, change his brake pads and rotors himself, and try to run regular gas in it. ;-<

Floyd

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

Maybe he just doesn't know _how_ to get a CarFax report?

Hey, what's wrong with doing your own oil, brake pads, and rotors? I could pay someone to do it, but I like doing maintenance myself because then I _know_ it's done right.

A lot of big shops, including Porsche dealerships, don't have the highly trained (highly paid) Porsche-certified techs doing oil changes. That's left to trainees/ non-techs who are sometimes less than careful about refilling the right oil, right amount of oil, and proper torque on the oil filter (I had one crush the gasket). It's not rocket science, but they can still get it wrong.

Reply to
alordofchaos

You must not have notices the emoticon ;-> . I was playing off the vision of a guy so penny-pinching that he would ask for someone to pay for his carfax report, yet most Cayenne owners strike me as high-rollers that aren't really into cars, just want to show off, and might not even know how to change a tire.

Floyd ;->

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

My bad ;) Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Don't think we'll be seeing any Cayenne's on the track over the weekend?

:)

Heh. Reminded me of a guy I knew who took his car into a shop - to replace a headlight. (Not to mention the guy who paid a shop $30 to replace an air filter - this was about 20 years ago!)

Reply to
alordofchaos

Hmmm... a little elitist of you.

I just paid off a 2002 996 C2 Cab. Tonight I signed the sales agreement on a 2006 997 C2 Cab. My wife drives a Cayenne S.

It's the "software" not the hardware. Wanna meet me at the track with

*my* Cayenne?

Elvis.

Reply to
HDLM1

Please re-read the thread so you can see who said what. Also, please note the use of emoticons. I've rearranged the quoting below to help you out:

There's the quote from the guy that thinks Cayenne owners are show-offs. You'll note from reading the full thread that I was objecting to *his* "elitist" attitude - I was saying (paraphrased). "what's wrong with a guy doing his own wrenching on a Porsche?"

fbloogyudsr apologized a bit, telling me I missed his emoticon (before adding the rejoinder you quoted about his observation of Cayenne owners) - he was commenting on how the OP seemed "cheap"

And you snipped my emoticon. fbloogyudsr says in his experience, Cayenne owners are snobs, so I'm asking if he expects to see any Cayennes on the track.

Do you understand the phrase, "tongue in cheek", or maybe "just kidding"?

--- HDLM1 wrote:

I think it's kinda funny, you calling me elitist before telling me about the cars you are buying. Nothing wrong in pride of ownership; just seems a bit ironic because, next, you are telling me that you are better than me in your Cayenne.

As you say, it's the software. Your Cayenne "hardware" ain't impressin' me. If you are a good driver in a Cayenne, then maybe I will be impressed. You are not what you own.

Just because you have a Cayenne doesn't make you a better racer, driver, or person. If you want to say you are a better racer than me, fine. If you want to say you are a better driver than me, fine. If you want to say you are a better person than me, fine.

Just don't say it right after calling _me_ "elitist" :)

Reply to
alordofchaos

Gee, I wasn't even aware I was involved in this conversation, the quoting was so bad...

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Don't like his quoting? Rather elitist of you... ;-)

Reply to
alordofchaos

I'll get it for you if you want to put 20 bucks in my paypal account

Reply to
Krawl

Nah, I was saying that I was better than you in any format. :)

I think my point was don't crap on Cayenne owners as know-nothing poseurs. Consider that some of us 99X daily drivers occasionally need to go pick up some mulch or haul the dogs to the vet and prefer our favorite marque over a jeep.

Ok, Ok... I'll let you off the hook. I'm OK, you're OK and we're all great folks.

I will say that it is kinda funny that the original poster is contemplating a $70K+ truck and won't pop for the $20 CarFax report! :)

Dave.

Reply to
HDLM1

Ahh, well that's better then. I'd only consider you elitist if you thought you were better than me because of your Cayenne. Thinking you're better than me in any format is OK and a fine tradition in any nation of the world.

Right, and my point was that _I_ didn't crap on Cayenne owners. I was telling Floyd not to crap on people that do their own wrenching. That was Floyd who said his experience with Cayenners was poseurs, who added that he was kidding a bit (emoticon) and I was being snarky by asking if he didn't think he'd see a Cayenne on the track. _You_ may not be a poseur, but you know they're out there.

Yup, one of my other cars is a minivan, and I usually have the third row seat out.

Cool, so we can shake hands and all get along, instead of duking it out on the playground after school is out? :) Guess we're both secure in our manhood (or womanhood, depending on your gender) and have nothing to prove. So, we're neither poseurs, nor elitist :)

I'll be sure to give you a wave or thumbs up, should we pass on the highway whilst driving our favorite marque!

Reply to
alordofchaos

Why not? Most Cayannes I see are driven by women and they're most often talking on the phone. Those gals don't need a high-performance vehicle. It's just a higher seat with a better label.

What sporty utey would be better for know-nothing poseurs?

Reply to
someone

Most guys don't need a high-performance vehicle either.

Because every poseur who buys a Porsche still supports Porsche. More money from sales of cars = more money for R&D, plus those odd projects that don't make any money but are really cool (and some of the bits do filter into production, not to mention prolonging support for out of production vehicles because they can afford it.

If Porsche goes under or is bought out, what will happen to your favorite car?

Reply to
alordofchaos

Stop being so sensible. If the profits from all those Cayannes got Porsche back into racing or supports some cool new development, then it serves a purpose.

When poeple say "you can't use all that" I pull out the track pics. :)

Reply to
someone