radio Wiring schema for 2003 sunfire

Hi all, Sorry if this is a no brain-er question but I was wondering if anyone here can tell me the color codes for a 2003 pontiac sunfire radio? I found (by
testing) the constant power source and now I am trying to find the switched power source to install a cd changer. any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Tom

I just looked and there're 4 systems for that year. What RPO code do you have? U79, U85, UQ3 or none of those? You tell me what one you have and I'll post the schematic somewhere.
Hi again,
Man i am an idiot when it comes to these things. Where would i find out what RPO i have? Currently I have no cd player in my car just factory radio and i was hoping to splice into the constant and switched power of my radio. Thanks for replying and keep it coming! I have to get educated some way or another on this stuff! Tom
tommytom wrote:

A sunfire with just a radio? Is that possible? I've never seen a 00+ sunfire without a CD player. *dunno*

It's normally on the underside of the trunk, under the carpeting where the spare is, in the drivers side door jamb (I think) or in the glove box. http://www.w-body.com/rpo.html That's what the sticker should look like.
If you can't find it don't worry too badly..we should be able to figure out what kind it is. U85 is the Monsoon radio. UQ3 has 6 speakers, auto tone control and an amp. I couldn't find out what U79 is though.
You keep posting and we'll try to help.
It is none of those the only RPO codes i have starting with U are UH8 UM7 US6 UW6 U19 Hopes this helps you to help me! hahaha thanks again
Tom

http://home.wi.rr.com/schmste8/va168677.pdf
I hope that's the right schematic, it sounds like it should be. Hope it helps. If you need anymore just ask.
tommytom wrote:

See if anything here is of help: http://www.installdr.com/QuickWiring.html
After looking at the wiring diagrahm. It appears your radio is like the one in my 2004 Grand Prix. There is no switched power lead. What happens when the radio senses comunication on the BUS or the wires labeled as Computer data lines when the other computer type items are activated then it automatically comes out of sleep mode and activates. So in other words it is always one, and awakens when needed.
My stereo was the same way. Do not attempt to splice those data wires or you are asking for major malfunction. So I got a switched power lead from the power feed for the power windows, when I installed a subwoofer amp in the trunk. Works great.
This message was written on 100% recycled spam. SAM >> samuelREMOVE snipped-for-privacy@myrealbox.com

here
(by