Drivetrains

hello

i'm car novice, so bare with me (if my question may seem stupid)

my question is drivetrains: hypothetically, if one was blind-folded behind the wheel of various sportscars....

could one determine the drivetrain...simply by feel/sound etc?

front engine, front real drive front engine, rear wheel drive mid-engine, all-wheel drive mid-engine, rear-wheel drive rear-engine, rear wheel drive rear-engine, all-wheel drive (911 turbo, my fav.)

Reply to
Lawrence Lugar

Maybe...

That's not even a sportscar...throw that out the window. The torque oversteer of a FD/FE is unmistakable. It gets even more noticeable when the HP goes up.

Depends on where they put the transmission. A C4 Corvette feels much different than the C5. A 944 feels much different than a Mustang.

Mid engine will give you similar feel to a FE/Rear transaxled car. The AWD will enhance what you have.

Once again, with or without stability control? The rear heavy 911 takes some finesse without electronic stability.

Reply to
Devils944S2