NV3550 first gear failure. Need opinions.

Hi:

My NV3550 failed days ago with only 50 mi. on it. Need to know what do you think. Please see the photos at:

Tnx a lot.

Rodrigo.

Reply to
rod

Yep looks broke sorry to hear. I have the same tranny in my 98 Ram 4x4 and have really abused it with no issues. I also have an 04 TJ which has the same tranny with 14K on it no issues so far. I could only guess that it was either a poor casting or it was jammed into gear from high range to low range at a high speed.

Reply to
Coasty

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Here ya go Bill even a Bronco is not safe.

Coasty

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Come to think of it no, the State of MD had many of them and not one a stick, never thought of it before.

Reply to
Coasty

Knew a guy with an early 80's full size Bronco with a 5-speed. 83 or 84, maybe.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

That place is about 3 miles away from me, in a little industrial park. Never been in but have driven past.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

The world gets smaller every day

Reply to
Coasty

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Maybe it was a late 80's/early 90's It was a full size Bronco with a transmission shifter on the floor and a clutch pedal. If I can dig up a picture I will.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

That's a given, considering the 3550 wasn't even around then. But as usual, it's irrelevant. You asked: