idle

I posted earlier about my 85.5 944 with 91k. Another thing I wanted to ask was about the idle. When I start it up (worse when cold) there is a vibration. I don't think its the motor mounts because when I open the hood and watch the engine rev, it doesnt seem to shimmy or move at all. It goes away after about 2000 revs, but I can also feel it when I am driving around and have the revs below 2000 and give it a lot of gas. Any ideas?

Reply to
Joe McGee

You won't necessarily see any engine movement when the mounts go bad. = Replace them.=20

--=20 Jack

Reply to
Jack D. Russell, Sr.

Reply to
Jason J. Campbell

How much does that run to replace them?

-- Jack

Reply to
Joe McGee

Reply to
D Corley

A German car repair shop today quoted me 800 to do them, and 450 for labor if I provided the mounts. That sounds a bit high to me. Are there are good parts stores online I could buy the mounts at?

Reply to
Joe McGEE

Reply to
Jetson