Re: Boxster engines - general question

The Boxster just finished 3rd in a longevity survey from J.D.Power. (The 996 was first overall and Porsche the #1 manufacturer.) What you might be
referring to would be the first generation Boxster engines from 1997 where the composition of the porous engines allowed the cylinder sleeves to slip out causing catastrophic failure. This was in a VERY limited number of models and Porsche replaced those engines. We still hear of 1997 models failing every once in a while. If you get a newer or new model, you will be fine. I know it has been said here a million times, but Porsche improves the models from year to year. The Boxster is no exception.

or
I had a boxster for years and never heard of anything like that!! Time to blow up that porsche-only mechanic. Joe

or
LOL!

were
it
Ive got a new Boxster S. Go for it. Fantastic car, superb good looks, and that engine noise is outstanding, let alone the buzz you get from driving it.
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 02:03:39 GMT, "Charlie"