Roof kit for a 911 sc Targa

I have a 1981 911 Targa with 150K miles on the clock. I need to refit the roof which has seen far better days so can anyone help with sourcing a roof kit or even a 2nd hand replacement roof? Thanks, Tim

Reply to
tim309

You should be able to get a replacement cover through a Porsche dealer, or maybe Pelican Parts or another parts supplier. I don't think the cover is particularly expensive.

I replaced the cover on my 1974 Targa and it worked out pretty well. But bear in mind it is a BITCH to make it fit properly. The cover is made slightly undersized so that when it's in place it stretches out tight.

If you are unable to find an original replacement any good auto upholstry shop should be able to make one. I think finding a replacement folding top in good condition would be kind of expensive.

Alan

Reply to
wtrplnet