I need a bigger sun roof kit please for a S-10

Does anybody know where I can get a bigger sun roof kit?

I cut a good hole in the roof but it ended up about 4 inches too long. I know this was stupid and laugh if you want too but nephrew marked it wrong I have a 1998 S-10 truck. thank you

Reply to
Harvey DiddleSquat

I think you got yourself a new convertible there. Chances of finding exactly the right size roof kit for your hole of an S-10 will be difficult. Think in terms of a conversion. It might be easiest to plate the overcut area and install the original roof you intended to use. Pop rivets every 2" should do a sweet job. Could you post a picture link when completed?

Reply to
Al Bundy

Smile, yes, laugh, no. Anyone can make this type of mistake and more than like has done so. I can't help you with the larger sun roof but you may wish to consider a body shop. They might be able to put in a patch panel and refinish the roof for less than you think. A junk yard headliner and you would be back in business. But first, lets hope someone knows of a larger sun roof. Rick

Reply to
Rhbuxton

Let me guess, this is an "almost new" 98 truck right?

Reply to
Bud Lite

Try a sunroof from a bigger truck or blazer, maybe a car. Get the hole dimensions you have, then dig through a catalogue at whatever customizing place you have locally till you find one that's the smallest oversize fit. Unless it's for one of those bubble shaped cars, they all more or less have a similar curvature to them. Oh, btw, if they don't have it in stock, wait for it to come in before cutting.

Reply to
John Alt

Well, how big do you need it? I have a 17x35, new and unused.

Reply to
George

First I would kick myself in the ass for not checking it, then I would kick my nephrew in the ass.

Reply to
Scott

Awe come on. Who lets a nephew mark their truck for a roof and goes ahead and chops it up without checking? Admit it Harv, you and the nephew are wearing the same pants at the same time.

Reply to
Professor

I would venture a guess that this is a troll since it's humanly impossible to cut the whole 4" too big. He would need an outline to go by to start with and there's no way he could get one without at least placing the sunroof on the roof and tracing it. Personally, I would have used the template that came with it or made one from cardboard before transferring any lines to the roof. My money is on this never happened.

Rita

Reply to
Rita Ä Berkowitz

Well at least when we took it back the manager ordered a longer one.The only problem now is the roof curves alittle on the truck and the sunroof is flat but we will find out if it works towards the end of the week. Always double check before you cut anything. Another thing is at least its jacked up so nobody sees the roof much anyhow.

Reply to
Harvey DiddleSquat

Good luck with that, I'd be kicking myself so bad. I've had those "oh shit" moments before as well.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

one.The only

When it rolls over, with the nephew driving, you will see the ground coming at you better with the panoramic sun roof.

Reply to
Professor

I recon the poster will deprive us of the denouement to all of this. Or is the "nephew" trying to load film in the digital camera?

Reply to
Al Bundy