supercar poll:

Q: of the two, which would you rather have as your weekend driver:

1.) red Ferrari 360 Modena. V8, mid-mount, rear-wheel drive

or

2.) yellow Lamborghini Gallardo V10, mid-mount, all-wheel drive

both will be more or less in the 150K price range/year.

Reply to
Lawrence Lugar

I've driven both, it would be a difficult choice. I'd probably opt for the Lambo, partiallly because of that outrageously beautiful yellow metalic paint. But if I were actually purchasing a car I'd buy a Carerra S or 911 Turbo and drive it every day. While either the Modena or the Lambo are driveable around town neither one is particularly happy doing so.

Alan

Reply to
wtrplnet

i agree the 911 is highend sportscar that fits the bill as a daily driver, but for a weekend driver - you'd want something more 'unpractically fun'

so that's what i was thinking...the Lamborghini Gallardo provides, atleast in my opinion, the biggest bang for your buck out of all the supercars out there...it has the most outrageous body, and it's default color of yellow steals the looks of everyone, and it has a 10-cyl engine vs the 8-cyl of the Modena. if you get an older model, it can get to be relatively cheap as well(in the supercar world price range)

Reply to
Lawrence Lugar

I was suprised at the price of both the Ferrari and the Lambo. You do get a lot for your money, in the supercar world anyway. Considering the Carrera GT sells for half a million dollars, well! The local dealer doesn't seem to have any problem moving the Carreras out the door though. Says a lot about the area I live, S Calif.

Then again, I saw a limited edition Cayenne that listed for $150,000. Anyone who would buy that just has too much money!

The Modena I drove had over 10,000 miles on it, I forgot to look on the Gallardo. Good to see people actually use cars like that.

Alan

Reply to
wtrplnet

Porsche 997 Turbo.

Reply to
Brenda Star

Since this is only a dream poll my vote would be for a Bentley Arnage with a Mulliner extended wheelbase and let someone else drive me.

Reply to
Garry Owen

but for a weekend driver - you'd want something more 'unpractically fun'

I agree, but we must consider the Carrera 2.7 and 3.0 RS and RSR, 964 and 993 RS models, the 993 and 996 GT2, the 996 GT3 and now the 997 GT3 and GT3 RS. The 997s are most impressive, combining minimal creature comforts with the lightweight and rawness desired of a hardcore sportscar, I'll take a new 997 GT3, please.

The F430 is an amazing car, and would be my first choice if I weren't so Porsche-biased, especially the Challenge Stradale version. The Lambo is cool too, but it's visibility is poor, and it's large/heavy by group standards. It's fun in it's own right, but it can't be flogged like the others mentioned. You could also go look at Ford's GT, but it's built like shit, I'd never shell out the cash for it, but I'd love to drive one. There's also the new Corvette Z06, it's ugly and cheap feeling but you can't argue with it's numbers; and there's Viper too, but a truck engine is a truck engine no matter what they do with it, that car has no charisma and I find I don't enjoy being inside them. You could always go for a 2nd hand NSX, they drop in value like sinking rocks the moment they leave the lot. It's awfully sterile, but very fun and reliable.

Reply to
Filmophile

That's ridiculous; the Acura NSX holds it value rather well--even a '91 with

100k miles sells for about $30k.
Reply to
tooloud

Reply to