Sorrento

We have a 2003 Sorento EX 2WD with over 30,000 miles on it now. These are just a few items off the top of my head...

Good - Heavy well-built on a full frame with rear wheel drive (as compared to the offerings in the same price category from Honda, Toyota, etc. which are built on unibody platforms and primarily front wheel drive); very good towing capacity; full complement of convenience features for the price; The motor is simple and clean to change the oil, oil filter and air filter; an excellent warranty.

Bad - Would like to get a few more MPG (currently get 18 city and about 20 hwy but this is normal for this truck. New models have a 5-spd automatic which supposedly helps a little); Spark plugs are totally unaccessable - need to go to the shop to change them; minor issues only including the in-dash clock never worked and there is no convenient place to mount our XM radio.

Over all an excellent vehicle, especially for the price as compared to similarly priced competitors. The Toyota Rav4 and the Honda CRV were cheaply built compared to the Sorento (lighter, thinner doors and body work, flimsy seats, etc.), don't tow worth beans and didn't have nearly what Kia offered for the money in both options and warranty.

All in all if we were looking for a small to mid-sized SUV again in this price range, then the Sorento would still be at the top of our list.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Reply to
bonedrypowder

"" wrote: > What's good > Whats bad > > -- > Regards > > Doug Murray

What ?s good and whats bad?

The Sorentos have proven to be a very good vehicle.

There has not yet been and problems with them that I know of, and I work at the Dealership.

KIA?s have come along way since they first were intoduced to America.

They have some problems just like any car out there, no car is perfect.

Reply to
KIAPartscom

I just purchased a 2005 Sorento LX 4x4.5-speed manual trans.,sport package.Fairly large interior,lots of cool storage compartments( including a drawer on wheels under the passenger seat with a first aid kit!),rubber cargo mat for the rear storage area to protect the carpet and monogramed Sorento floor mats.Full power standard except drivers seat which comes with 8- way manual adjustment+lumbar,height adjustment and folds down flat to sleep on.Heated mirrors and heated windshield wippers,10 speaker stereo system with equalizer and amp built in.Cassette and single disc cd.Dual lighted vanity mirrors. The sport package gives you the 16 inch alloy rims with Michellin cross terrain tires, keyless remote entry,side step bars,fog lights,black out head lights,roof rack,leather steering wheel+shifter,metallic interior trim,and the 10 speaker stereo. Many people confuse the Sorento for the Lexus 330 or Mercedes suv.But are shocked to see It's a Kia. Heavy duty shift on the fly 4wheel + seriously strong ladder frame make this a rugged truck.Excellent blend of sporty looks,luxury beyond it's price range,and bad-ass truck frame(9 cross members) make this a no -brainer purchase.It doesn't hurt that it has heavy doors,quality looking and feeling inside and out,drives very securely,and has the wheels moved outboard to give a safer grip on the road.It passed the gov't rollover test and has a 5- star crash rating.Even the front and rear of the vehicle was engineered to provide max. ground clearance for trips up and down hillsides.The engine is strong and torquey.The only downside is some wind noise at highway speeds that gets somewhat drowned out by the radio.5yr.-60,000bumper to bumper/10yr.-100,000 mi. powertrain.Great price,great truck!Go test drive whatever else and consider the warranty ,price ,options, fit and finish of the vehicle,etc.Than go try a Sorento.I think you will be in for a nice surprise.I know I was. I love the looks I get from other drivers.Nothing like being the only one for miles around with a particular vehicle.

Reply to
JayDEE65