Tire pressures?

Any suggestions for proper tire pressures for a 2001 911 coupe? The tires are Vredestein 235-35-19 front and 275-30-19 rear.

I suppose pressures for street use would be one thing, and another for track, which I do occasionally. For street use, I'm most interested in maximizing tread wear, not ride comfort (since it rides like a steer wagon anyway).

Mike

Reply to
Mike Morgan

The recommended pressures for 19" wheels/tires on the 2006, 997's is 37 F, and 44 R. That should work about the same on a 996. If the ride is simply unbearable, I'd try dropping about 3 lbs all around.

Reply to
Guru

I set my tire pressures to what the owner's manual says for the track, and they were perfect. We use a little white shoe polish on the tire where the tread meets the sidewall and you can tell exactly how much the tire is rolling over.in a turn. For whatever reason the factory tire pressures were just right.

Reply to
Sheldon