Are these Prius features standard?

When picking up my Budget rental at the Ft. Myers airport (RSW), I allowed myself to be talked into taking a 2009 Prius (no extra charge) instead of the unknown "compact" that I'd asked for.

It had a backup camera which displayed in the large info LCD screen in the console, and whenever the car was put in reverse it emitted a constant "beep beep" (audible only inside the car, I hope) like a piece of construction equipment.

Do they all come with the camera, and do they all beep in reverse, or is that something Budget added on?

Reply to
Bert Hyman

The backup beep is standard and can be disabled. The camera camera comes as part of a package of options.

Reply to
Al Falfa

They do not all come with a backup camera.

They do all come with an inside beeper that by default beeps when you have the car in reverse. That is straight from the factory on 100% of the Prius cars out there.

An owner (or a shrewd knowledgeable driver) can turn off that beep.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

How shrewd? I disabled it myself on my 2004, but had to have the dealer do it on my 2010. Could I have done it myself?

Reply to
greenpjs