Break-in period

It accelerates as fast or faster then my Explorer both in town and on the highway. Probably won't be as fast as the sporty car you've been driving though.

Reply to
Ingenuous

I saw that! And I am telling myself that I should do errands after I take my daughter to school.... I used to do that, and now it will make sense from the MPG standpoint too.

Reply to
Jean B.

I'll see soon enough.

I am about to go out and look at floor mats. Since I have to buy them anyway, I am going to see whether there is anything interesting around....

Reply to
Jean B.

I bought the Prius floor mats. They were so nice I now have floor mats on my floor mats.

Reply to
Ingenuous

Oh, to be 17 years old again!

Reply to
Al Bundy

That sort-of defeats the sliding business. Maybe I can put something different in the back to placate my daughter....

Reply to
Jean B.

Yes and no, Jean. I had some old, thin clear plastic mats with sharp dimples on the bottom. They don't slide much. I live in rural MN and we track a fair amount of mud into our cars in the spring. The ones from Toyota include two front, two back and one for the hatch.

Reply to
Ingenuous

I have pretty much decided top get the ones from Toyota and maybe some other ones too. It would be nice to have the one for the hatch....

Reply to
Jean B.

Yes! Keep your stash in that clever cubby hole where one expects to find the spare tire. With the mat in place nobody will even know the cubby hole is there, much less the stash.

:-)

Reply to
Ingenuous