Camry or Prius?

I have an 04 Passat that gives me around 30MPG. I'm pissed off at VW and want to deal with a more reputable company, as well as improve my MPG. I can't decide between the Camry Hybrid or the Prius. Any words of wisdom? I don't commute far. Thanks in advance. David

Reply to
D&LBusch

The Prius gives the highest mileage but the Camry is an excellent ride. Also, you have options for used Prius to reduce the cost.

Bob Wilson

Reply to
Bob & Holly Wilson

The Prius is an overall amazing car in that it maximizes fuel economy while providing a very nice car that's surprisingly big inside--virtually the size of a Camry--and that acts and drives and feels like any other car. The whole "hybrid-ness" of it is completely hidden from the driver.

If you don't mind a hatchback, take a very serious look at the Prius.

The Camry hybrid is kind of a pig, from what I've heard.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

This has been discussed previously at some length, in this group and elsewhere. Suggest you search the archives.

Larry Van Wormer

Reply to
Larry Van Wormer

It depends on what you want your car for. The Camry is a very nice midsize car, and the hybrid gives it better oomph than you would get with the 4 cyl model, as well as 12 more mpg in city driving, but not as much oomph as a V6 Camry (but 16 more mpg in city driving). The Prius was specifically designed with gas mileage in mind, the Camry hybrid was designed with additional power available to the 4 cyl in mind.

Reply to
Pete Granzeau

This is a purely personal decision. What prevents you from deciding between the Camry Hybrid and the Prius?

Reply to
Shawn Hirn

Reply to
D&LBusch