computed vs. actual mpg

I just completed a trip of nearly 2200 miles in my 03 Prius. The car computer says I got 53.0 mpg while my calculations yield 50.4 mpg - a 5% error.

Is this just my car or is this consistent across the board?

Reply to
Michael N. LeVine

Michael, at least with the 2005's which I have, I believe the +/- is about 3%. 5 is a bit high I would think. My least favorite part of my Prius is the digital gas gauge. It is almost useless and very inaccurate with it's "bars" progression style of display.

Jon

Reply to
Johnny

My 2-week new Prius trys to make me happy: In the last 3 tanks, it said

51 mpg, but I calculated to be about 46 mpg.
Reply to
Benyang Tang