Lutz is back

Every now and then I read an article and realize, something that is dreadfully wrong:

"(Reuters) - Bob Lutz, the outspoken former product development czar at General Motors, has been hired as a part-time adviser to the top U.S. automaker.

Lutz, 79, retired from GM in 2010. A charismatic figure known for his blunt criticism . . ."

Lutz had budget and authority to along with his European 'buddies' to sponsor, to fund, a substantial anti-hybrid, anti-Prius propaganda effort. I am not surprised that when he left GM, the propaganda stream against hybrid disappeared. Now, GM is bringing this fossil back.

There is nothing Lutz could teach today's GM management that they couldn't learn best by visiting one week to one month old, new GM product buyers. That is the cutting edge, not in a 79 year old . . . guy who ruled over GM's bankruptcy.

Bob Wilson

Reply to
bwilson4web