maintenance cost and DIY friendliness

I may be able to get a Prius 2008. How is the maintenance record on that year? How easy is it to do the regular maintenance on the car? Are the components easily accessible? I heard you have to go to dealers for any electronic parts such as battery.

Thanks for the info,

Reply to
liu

Just fine, and no big deal. Oil changes are the only thing you need to worry about, really, and they're easy. It doesn't use up brakes anything like a non-Prius, or at least it SHOULDN'T (if it does, you're doing it wrong).

12 volt battery? As a practical matter, yes. So, go buy it from the dealer, instead of Auto Zone. No big deal there. It's not like you buy one every day.

And any modern car has enough electronics in it that EVERYONE ends up using the dealer for at least some things.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

dude...she's not talking about the traction battery....simmer down...

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Thank you all for the information and advice.

Reply to
liu

One more question: how does it feel like driving Prius in general? Is it sluggish in accelerating? Any pros and cons on 2008?

THANKS!

Reply to
liu

It's not the GREATEST in acceleration, but I wouldn't use the term "sluggish".

Do expect to plan ahead a bit entering freeways.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Thanks for all the info!

Reply to