Motorized Device

On my 2001, I hear a device periodically operating. Sounds like a vacume or compressor pump. What is it ? ...

Reply to
Steve Giannoni

The water pump that stores the hot water from the engine after you turn it off?

Reply to
Peter Granzeau

Peter Granzeau wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That didn't appear until Gen2.

Reply to
Stan

Since the OP said "periodically" instead of "after startup", that pumplike noise might simply be the engine as it runs and stops. At speed, general noise masks it.

Reply to
Ike

Brake pressure accumulator.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

What is the ...

Reply to
Steve Giannoni

In a conventional car the brake booster is powered by vacuum from the intake manifold and stored in the booster chamber via a check valve. There is no guarantee the ICE in the Prius will run or have recently run when the brake boost is needed so there is a pump that performs the equivalent function.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Reply to