MPG Reading With ICE Shutdown

Recently on a couple of occasions, I've noticed that my instantaneous MPG was reading around 35 MPG while the Energy screen indicated that the ICE was off. I was going downhill on the freeway on both occasions. When I got to the bottom of the hill I hit bumper to bumper rush hour traffic and was running on battery, according to the display, but my MPG was showing around

  1. This continued for a mile or two and then things got back to normal. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on here?

Kari

Reply to
kari

The Energy Screen is just eye candy - it doesn't tell you everything that is going on. please see

for more detail on thissame question.

Reply to
mrv