Prius + Ipod

Hi there,

Anyone here ever done business with Coastal Electronic Technologies? Their website says they're working on an Ipod interface for the Prius, but they've been saying that for many months. I tried calling them, and emailing, but they never respond. Just checking if they're a legit company...

Many thanks.

Reply to
rgesh

Legit, but apparently swamped. A month or two ago I ordered some cabin air filters and blank keys from their web site, and got a confirming email with the right products but about twice the quantities! I figured it was too late to intercept the order and that I'd eventually use $100 worth of cabin air filters (if I lived that long!) but the order arrived with the quantities I ordered and I was billed the correct amount.

Coastal has a long-standing reputation for good business, but I think the spectacular success of the Prius has severely tested their ability to get products out the door.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Many thanks Mike. I guess I'll just have to wait. The idea of having the Ipod info up on the Prius screen sounds too good to go for anything less.

By the way, why get your cabin filters from them?

--Rob

Reply to
rgesh

The filters were less expensive. I bought the first one from Toyota for something like $28 while the Coastal filter is $19 plus S&H.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

So,,,,, any idea how long has Coastal been saying they'll sell the Ipod interface, but then not gotten around to it?...

Reply to
rgesh