Prius vs. Honda Fit

You must be up north, where most of your driving is downhill. We're near the Mexican border, so most driving is uphill.

Just look at any map.

Reply to
notaguru

In the early days I got 54mpg on one tank, struggling for every erg, careening around corners, never touching the brake, etc.

44mpg is by driving just as I did in my Porsche... but getting to 75mph a little further down the road.

My daughter drives her Fit "normally", making no real effort to get higher mpg.

It's probably a good comparison.

Reply to
notaguru

Explains why so few are sold in Tiera del Fuego.

Reply to
News

why so against the prius? take a look at the HCH too, compare honda to honda.

I've a 07 prius and average 51 all around. I looked at the HCH, FIT, Camry Hybrid. Bought Prius. FIT seemed cheaply built, just shut the trunk lid and you'll feel the difference. To each his or her own.

News wrote:

Reply to
msmith

WHOOSH!

msmith wrote:

Reply to
News

Interestingly, there is a thread currently going in alt.autos.honda about Fit mileage ("Honda Fit Mileage"). The guy who started the thread was asking about his 22 mpg average since he bought the car in April. Most of it is in town, trips usually under ten miles, but with a 60 mile round trip on highways each weekend. I think there are ways of improving what he is getting (my '85 Volvo station wagon does that well around town) but the prospect of 22 mpg is downright scary to a Prius owner.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee