The stupidity continues

Reciently, the Detroit News published this article:

"By David Shepardson . . . The 56.2 mpg figure and EPA's proposed greenhouse gas emissions limits equivalent likely is an opening bargaining point. The final proposal could change as automakers and the White House hold more meetings to try to again reach agreement.

The administration plans to formally propose new standards in September and finalize them by July 2012.

It estimated last fall that hiking fuel efficiency to 56 mpg by 2025 would boost the average vehicle cost by $2,100 to $2,600. But the administration said the rule would save car owners $5,500 to $7,000 over the vehicle's lifetime in fuel costs, and owners would recoup the additional up-front cost within 2.5 to 3.5 years.

The high mileage requirement would dramatically reshape what Americans drive. Currently, passenger vehicles must average 30.2 mpg and light trucks 24.1 mpg in government testing, but vehicles get far less in real-world driving. . . ."

Hummm, 56.2 MPG, it is my summer mileage as my last tank was 52.4 MPG.

The real threat of the Prius and Insight has been their performance eviscerates the 'we can't do that' arguments of those ignorant, sissy, stupid idiots who prefer inefficient vehicles. Remember, these are the same managers who drove GM and Chrysler into bankruptcy.

Look, I don't mind the fleeting and soon forgotten comments of hybrid skeptics. My 2003 Prius is still getting better than 50 MPG after over

138,000 miles. It remains a hard fact the skeptics can insult but not match. Screw the liars!

What it really comes down to is facts and data, something that fools can try to ignore but over time, fades into the obscurity it so richly deserves.

Bob Wilson

Reply to
bwilson4web

But even Toyota can't do that outside the Prius, even using hybrid synergy drive.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Toyota can't make the hybrid synergy drive efficiencies scale well. They've proven that by implementing it outside the Prius with only modest results.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

You don't have a clue what you're talking about, do you.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

So, you're admitting that you pollute the netwaves with whatever YOU want to say, regardless of the facts. That you don't hesitate to make things up for your own entertainment.

You are the definition of a troll...

In the meantime, that doesn't change the fact that Toyota's hybrid synergy drive simply doesn't scale well outside the Prius.

Hell, it doesn't scale well INSIDE the Prius family, as they admit even with the Prius V.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I know more about the Prius than you do. What YOU know about the Prius is what you WANT to know. You don't want to know the pieces that are inconvenient to your political agenda.

You are the very definition of a troll...

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty