carburetors that allow you to drive 1000+ miles to the gallon

I was just reading this story about a carburetor that can make a car run a thousand miles to a gallon, but the automobile industry paid off the investors with millions of dollars to secure those patents, and then burired those patents and never used the technology?

But the thing is it would cost the automotive industry billions of dollars in profits. Now thats very messed up, but I don't blame them. They want money!

What role does a carburetor have anyways? honestly, is there anyway a carburetor could allow us to burn our gas slowly, so we could save gas, but still be able to drive at our road speeds? and have gas last much longer?

Very interesting stuff

Reply to
mopa

I don't see how a carburetor alone could increase mileage by that extraordinary amount, but I do know about, and have heard of, that the technology exists to make V8 engines get over 100 MPG, and like you said, the oil and auto industries paid off the inventors to keep them quiet. Where did you see this information about this carburetor?

Jonathan

P.S. I read something in Car & Driver Magazine a few years ago that Honda invented a 4-cylinder engine that could produce 900HP, but there is no clutch or transmission that will bolt onto a 4-cylinder engine block that could handle that much power. Also, of course, there is no way it could be street-legal.

Reply to
Jonathan Upright

Yeah, well like I say all the time anything is possible. Anyways, in United States we have millions of engeers, and many other countries do too, but we have the most. Anyhow, I know damn well they have a way to make our cars use less gas and oil, but look how high these gas prices are? I mean come on the people who invest in oil companies are making millions of dollars with their shares of stock. I remember when I was in Atlanta, Ga visiting the gas there was only, and quote me on it, only 67 cents a gallon!!!

Gasoline will never in the history of man be .67 cents a gallon, and we are only taking about 1997. That's only 8 years ago.

Gas prices probably from the 1960's to 1990's were always in the two digit number in the south I bet. That's 30 years of cheap gas, and now look at it, BAM its $2.90 a gallon!

The problem is the automobile industry is the largest in the country. It's great that people got jobs, but hell, these guys who own these companies are actually just having people lose their job. Thousands of good hard-working-busting-their-ass guys have worked, and lost their jobs. The automobile industry, must have a contract with the oil industry, and do a lot of ass kissing for eachother, so they can both enjoy the billions.

Wow, a 4-cylinder engine that could produce 900HP it's possible, just look at computers. Back in 1993 I had my first computer that was a AMD K2 155MHZ Processor with about 2gb hdd, and back in those days it was the shit. Now 12 years later we have 3GIG processors, and the supercomputers are even quicker.

If you can make a simple processor, and keep it pretty much the exact same as it was before, but just overclock it over and over. It's possible to make a 4 cylinder engine have 900 horses in it or have a V8 get 100 miles to the gallon. It's possible, but THEY just don't want us to know about it.

Where did you see this information about this carburetor? (It's not information your find on the internet websites, because if you did they would be sued by the automobile industry in minutes. I am reading a book called " Natural Cures They Don't Want You To Know About" It's a great book, and sadly, it's just about all true.

Reply to
mopa

"mopa" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Sorry, the conspiracy theorists have hoodwinked you once again.

Simple physics says there is NO way you could ever achieve 1000mpg with ANY gasoline (or diesel, or propane, or...) technology as long as approximately

80% of the energy is lost to heat and friction.

You cannot "bury" a patent. Every patent ever granted is accessible to the public at the various Patent Offices in various countries. I've been through stacks and stacks of them for customer projects.

You should try to be a bit more skeptical. GM is LOSING money. don't you think they'd spring something like this on the market if they could?

Carburetors don't burn gas, engines do. Carburetors only mix gas with air and send it on its way down a long pipe. You need a certain minimum mixture of gas and air to have proper combustion, or any kind of combustion at all for that matter.

Carburetors are very inefficient compared to fuel injection, and for fundamental reasons it is impossible for them to meet current and future emissions and fuel economy regulations.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"mopa" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

They've never been lower than they are now, mopa.

Tax levels and currency debasement confuse the numbers.

Either your memory is /seriously/ faulty or you came across a station having one of those mega-sales that the oil companies won't pay them for.

In 1995 I paid an average of about $1.80 US per US gallon (I have all my gas fillups listed in a book).

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Uh-huh. Honda invented the engine, but couldn't figure out how to build a transmission? Pul-leeze.

The turbocharged F1 cars of the early '80's put down 1500 BHP from 1.5 litre four cylinders.

Reply to
Steve Bigelow

Hi Tegger,

Oh no, I am just trying to learn a little, and your always very helpful. I am glad that there is someone on the group that knows so much.

Anyways, back in 1997 I came down to visit my sister in Atlanta, Georgia and at the time I didn't drive. I was only 17 years old at the time, so that is why I remember there is a QT and a BP gas station where she lived at the time and the gas was only 67 cents, and I swear I never seen gas so damn cheap in my life.

I am originally from Milwaukee, and gas is always about 90 cents cheaper than it is in Chicago as Chicago is one of the most expensive cities for gas. Even growing up as a kid gas always used to be about

1.25/1.60 in the low/mid 90's, but that is also when you could buy a gallon of milk for $2 dollars and some change.

Anyways, I was amazed how cheap the gas was here in Georgia. My ex's father actually is the Director of the Department of Energy, so if anyone knows anything about Gasoline prices or anything to do with energy costs, hes the guy to ask. Basically, out of all the states Georgia has the cheapest Taxes on Gasoline.

What most people don't know, that for every gallon of gasoline, about

75 cents of it is just the tax. Talk about a lot of money being just paid for tax.

Today the cheapest gas price is $1.98 a gallon, and the national average is $2.30, so I guess we are doing pretty good.

------

Steve, wow that sure is a lot of horse power.

Reply to
mopa

What amazes me is what people are willing to pay for water. A 500 mL bottle at $1.00 makes the price to be $7.57/gallon. Now that's pretty steep!

Eric

Reply to
Eric

"mopa" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

I was at the Ford plant in Hapeville in 1998. Gas was nowhere near 67¢, trust me on that.

And do you know...why?

There are regional regulations involving oxygenation and reformulation. These tend to jack up prices. Then there are local tax laws.

I haven't been to Chicago since about the mid-'90s, and I don't remember what the gas price was there then.

TeGGeR®

Mmmm, that's strange. I have all the gas records for my 1993 Accord. Until November of 2004. it spent its first 11 years of life in New Jersey. In 1995 we paid between $1.00 and $1.15 per gallon(U.S. $'s) and ss late as March 1999 we paid as little as $0.859. That was in extreme Northern NJ near the NY state border, Rich

Reply to
Rich

----- Original Message ----- From: "mopa" Newsgroups: alt.autos.honda Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2005 5:12 PM Subject: Re: carburetors that allow you to drive 1000+ miles to the gallon

If you really feel that way, you should buy stock in oil companies.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

I canna change the laws of physics, Cap'n! It isn't the carburetor or engine that allows higher fuel economy, but the design of the vehicle. A bicycle could probably get several hundred mpg, but a car as we know it has too much drag.

The by-the-ways show up in discussions of hybrid cars all the time. We have a 2002 Toyota Prius, and it does indeed get as much as 50 mpg or slightly more in town. But an amazing number of factors can eat into that. Short trips can knock the average economy below 40 mpg (there is a display for trip mpg, 5 minute interval mpg, and "immediate" mpg). The A/C or defroster has about the same effect. Last winter I rolled the windows down and turned the heater on high to see what effect it had, and the next five minute bar dropped from about 40 mpg to 25 mpg! The car gets 65 mpg at 60 mph (no A/C on) and 45 mpg at 75 mph. When the edge is that fine it takes very little to dull it.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Fuel economy has improved from maybe 12 mpg to 25-35 mpg over the past

75 or so years. Don't you think it's ridiculous for the next jump in efficiency to be to 1000 mpg?

Assuming that a car *can* get 1000 mpg, what do you think that will do to its performance? Zero to 60 in five minutes.

I can understand why the oil industry would want to thwart fuel-efficient cars, but why the auto industry? Does not make sense.

Carburetors are not efficient, period. Fuel-injector cars do not have them at all. The best improvement that was ever made to a carburetor to increase its fuel efficiency was to eliminate it.

Reply to
Cinder Lane

A bunch of urban legend BS. Your time would be better spent studying the laws of thermodynamics instead of reading unsubstantianed crap.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Actually electronics surpassed automobiles some time ago.

You are a naive fool, plump for the picking by any conspiracy theory or crackpot of the hour. Unfortunately, history is chock full of gullible masses.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Rich,

Yeah, I remember. Back in 2000 I was in NYC for Christmas, and gas was only about $1.26 and that is pretty cheap for New York.

Reply to
mopa

Be nice now John.

So Michael, that means by going slowing in your car, you actually save more gas huh? I just assumed if everyone drove the same MPG for a long distance we would all save gas.

Say, if you drove non-stop on the express way going 70MPH for 1 hour or drove 55MPH for 1 hour, of course you would get where ever your going quicker going 70, but because you drove non-stop, at the same miles per hour, without stop and going. Your car continuously was traveling at the same steady speed, would both speeds use the same amount of gasoline?

Reply to
mopa

Even more interesting:

Pagan

Reply to
Pagan

I don't think I described it clearly. I've driven the 55 and 65 mph stretches long enough to get several 5 minute readings on the display (known to be about 4% optimistic in our Prius) and compared those to the readings from our 75 mph trips.

No doubt about it - the best average mpg comes from keeping a constant speed, and as low a speed as practical. Air resistance is really a big factor. But varying speeds gives the worst of both worlds: higher speeds burn gasoline you won't get back and lower speeds burn time you won't get back.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Specifically

It's also worth noting that US patents expire after 17 years (non-renewable, unlike copyrights), and patents are not binding outside the countries in which they are registered. Any such carburetor would be in the public domain by now, and we would have seen them being made various places overseas - even if they could not be imported while the patent was in effect.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee