trickle down chargers

We are about to have some exceptionally frigid weather here near Boston. Unfortunately, I need to go out and will be parking my car outside for 4 hours or so. That has me wondering whether one can use a trickle down charger that plugs into a cigarette lighter in a (2005) Prius.

My readings do show that they can be jumped, but I hope there is no need for that. My battery has not had any problems, but then it also has not been subjected to such cold temperatures before.

Thanks,

Reply to
Jean B.

We are about to have some exceptionally frigid weather here near Boston. Unfortunately, I need to go out and will be parking my car outside for 4 hours or so. That has me wondering whether one can use a trickle down charger that plugs into a cigarette lighter in a (2005) Prius.

My readings do show that they can be jumped, but I hope there is no need for that. My battery has not had any problems, but then it also has not been subjected to such cold temperatures before.

Thanks,

Reply to
Al Falfa

Thanks to you and others here for the responses. I procrastinated and went out when the temperature was about 10F and had no problem after 6 hours.

Reply to
Jean B.