220 Lights

hi folks,

a 96 rover 220 with a headlight problem .......... switch on headlamps at the lever on the column and dip comes on ..... operate lever for mainbeam and the dipbeam headlamps go out but the main beam doesn't come on [ side lights are still functioning ] ..... if I hold the main/dip lever back then the main beam comes on but as soon as I let go the lever the lamps go out again, though when I give the lever another flick the dip will still come back again

anyone know what's happening here .... is it a fault on the main/dip lever on the column or is there a relay not functioning somewhere? .... if it is a relay where would I find it?

thanks for any suggestions

the miss

Reply to
The Miss

had a hunch and took a chance on this, and put a new dip-switch on to * the miss' * car this afternoon and all is ok all ok now ..... btw, the 'new' one came of the scrapyard for a fiver

omega

Reply to
Omega