Light accident on Rover 216Si

I have suffered a light accident at a fairly slow speed on my Rover 216 Si, and I currently looking at my repair options. Has anybody here suffered from a front end accident in their Rover 200/25 that needed a new bumper? Did any probelms arise from bent panel, bracket ect...

Thanks

Liam

Reply to
Liam Wright

Depends what you mean by light!

There are a load of Z brackets behind the front bumper and wings that absorb most of the crush and will most probably have to be replaced. In really bad cases the Z brackets crumple right up to the bodyframe and this gets damaged as well. Then there is damage to any fitted parts (lights, indicators, grille).

Only way to really find out is to strip down the front end. You may have got off light.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard