Rover 214si electric fault

Hi I have just bourght a Rover 214Si 1994 (L) and have a ssslight problem which is bothering me !

1) When i drive the car the tailgate open warning light is on no mater how hard you shut the tailgate.

2) The stero will shut off when any door is opened and will require the code to get the radio to work.

3) The clock keeps reseting its self to 1200.

4) The interior lights do not work in the tailgate or the main interior

I recently tryed to fit a head unit and speakers to the car and scince then no luck with the upbove!!

Reply to
Azam

Hi I have just bourght a Rover 214Si 1994 (L) and have a ssslight problem which is bothering me !

1) When i drive the car the tailgate open warning light is on no mater how hard you shut the tailgate.

2) The stero will shut off when any door is opened and will require the code to get the radio to work.

3) The clock keeps reseting its self to 1200.

4) The interior lights do not work in the tailgate or the main interior

I recently tryed to fit a head unit and speakers to the car and scince then no luck with the upbove!!

Reply to
Azam

Ok if i remember rightly the interior lights and the radio and the clock.......the remote supply for the heated rear screen adn teh remote switching for intermittent wipers (i know it sounds impossible and stupid) are all off the same fuse... on teh same circuit.

Its possible that something is shorting the circuit there or causing problems on a circuit.

Its probably unrelated to the boot warnign light.

you are playing your stereo and you open the drivers door adn the whole supply is lost ot the stereo (requiring the code to be put in). This to me says that either a short circuit is being formed across your interior light circtuit (which is on teh same circuit as your radio) or that its drawing too much current from somewhere else.... You've probably got a kit kat wrapper for a fuse in there too.

Its worth looking at. If you radio is switched off....... and you open and close teh door then turn the radio on.. do you need to enter teh code still?

Reply to
Rob Beech