Sorento airbag warning light

Wondering if this has happenned to other Sorento owners out there... I have a 2003 Kia Sorento, at approx 19K miles the airbag warning light came on and won't shut off. Took it to a local dealer and they replaced something called a clock spring inside the steering wheel. That seemed to have solved the problem. But now at 26K miles the light is on again... took it to another dealer... they say they have to order a driver's side airbag.

Also all of my 4 doors squeak badly when opened of closed. One dealer lubed the hidges and that solved the problem for a few days. But when it rains or I get the car washed I get black streaks running down from where they lubed. I took it to another Kia dealer and they did the same (lubed the doors) even though I told them another dealer tried and that didn't work. Anyways today I went back to the second dealer, they now have on order 4 door check guides and an air bag, let's see if that'll be a permanent fix.

Reply to
Pedro R.

report back here when I find something that works for a reasonable length of time. PT

Reply to
default

Hi,

2 weeks ago I had the same warning light come on on my 2003 Sorento. The problem was a wire which is connected to the slot of the passengers safety belt. It is a wire that recognizes if the safety belt is on. Sliding the passengers chair to the front and to the back several times made the cable make contact to the frame. They replaced a piece of wire. Now the warning light is off. Hope this helps.

(forgive me my bad english, I'm dutch)

Peter

Reply to
peter

Reply to
Marvin Cohen

Thanks Marvin, will have to give it a try.

Reply to
Pedro R.

Funny that you mention all that. I've had the exact same problems. My doors have squeaked since the first time I washed it. Synthetic lubes seem to work but only until it gets wet again. The Airbag on mine also came on at 21,000 miles. I haven't taken it in yet but it sounds like a big hassle. Was the other response about moving the passenger seat back and forth concerning the airbag light or seatbelt warning light?

Reply to
stryker

Airbag light. One of the cables touched ground and caused the airbag light come on. It has been replaced and the problem is over.

Pjotr

Reply to
Pjotr

When mine was on in my 1999 Sportage it was just not plugged in. I'd check that first, good luck Lily Mae

Reply to
Lily Mae