Unsure as to which model my 1997 214? is

Hi there,

I recently bought a 3 door 1997 (P) 214. It only had 29K on the clock which has proved to be genuine so I personally think it was a bargain at just over £2000. The problem I have is that according to the log book, the vehicle is registered as a 214S. My insurance company said that such a model does not exist according to their database, all they had for 1997 was either a 214i,iS or Si. I know it's not an Si because mine is quite a basic model (no sunroof, electric windows, central locking etc.) It does have power steering but maybe that was standard on all 214s for that model? It also has the K8 engine (8V). There is no model badge on the back door either. Anybody got any ideas as to what it actually is? or does any body know where I might possibly find out elsewhere?

Thanks

Paul

Reply to
PJ

Try giving a Rover dealer a call, they will need the VIN number which should be on the reg. document, MOT cert., and on a plate fixed onto the drivers door pillar.

HTH

Reply to
Michael Cotton