'04 9-5 CD player gets "stuck"?

I've noticed that, recently, when there's not a CD in the car's CD player it continuously fools itself into thinking I'm inserting one. The insertion mechanics start working and this has the annoying side effect of turning off any other input source I'm currently using.

The "fix" seems to be to always have a CD actually in the bay, even if it's not the current input source.

Is this a known problem? Is this just down to dust or something? Anyone else seen this?

-- V.

Reply to
Viktor Haag

.. bummer!