1991 Saab 900 heated seat

No you don't remember cause if you had, you would have still been on break

Reply to
Chris Purdue

Like you? :(

Reply to
Chris Purdue

She is a "he", dork. Mebets you already had a woody, didn't you? ;)

Reply to
Chris Purdue

Oh,oh, Dave's back and already I smell another Dave-plonking!

Reply to
still just me

I doubt you'll read this, Dave, but I haven't been participating much here anymore either. It has turned into a circle jerk group for the ne'r do wells.

I guess the "useful" part of usenet is long over. The only way to get any kind of meaningful dialog these days is in forums with admins that will diligently weed out the trash.

Ta-ta

Reply to
Fred W

That discounts TSN then. 8-) But it's a good point. I admin the forums at my own Saab website and know what it's like both from the user point of view and from the admin point of view. At least I've got all the spam/fake registrations stopped and now the only people who register are legitimately interested.

Craig.

Reply to
Saab C900 Viggenist

LOL.

Actually, this group is fairly tame. Aside from Dave perpetually getting pissed off at someone and plonking them, there don't seem to be a whole lot of aggravated folks sticking around.

But, let's face it - few folks even know about newsgroups. Web forums are easy for them to find. So, the newbies gravitate there, there guys with experience go and answer questions, sooner or later there's a lot more traffic there.

Reply to
still just me

I reckon Dave only goes on Newsgroups so he can get angry with people. I was plonked by Dave a couple of years back for a minor breach of netiquette, what a geezer!

Google Dave's name under google groups and he's there, telling people off in every group he frequents.

Oh, sorry about the top post, I wouldn't normally do it, but just in case Dave took me off his PLONK list...I wanted to give him a reason.

Al

Reply to
Al

He, he, he...

google: "Results 1 - 100 of 299 for plonk author:Dave author:Hinz"

Reply to
still just me

Yeah well here in Oz we have quite a few 'regular' plonkers in aus.* groups. There isn't an aus.* group for Saab's but we do have an aus.cars group that's full of trolls and people who think the only cars on the road are Ford, Holden (aka GMH) and Toyota. 8-)

Saab only seems to get a mention when I talk about the brand, or when someone tries to compare Hummers with Saab's now that Holden dealers who sell Saab's (and the actual Saab dealers) are now being forced by GM to stock Hummer as well. sigh

*plonk* 8-) Consider it an early Christmas pressie.

Craig.

Reply to
Saab C900 Viggenist

Cheers Craig!!

Nothing like a bit of Plonk at Christmas ;-)

Al

Reply to
Al

This does lead us to an interesting (off-topic, of course) point. A good number of people here also post on forums and I know who they are on forums. I know I can get answers to things I post about on forums, so what's left for Usenet? Why should we still post here? What can we say here that we could not point to a forum board and say, "hey ... look over here"?

Discuss ... or flame ... or plonk ... discussion would be best :) New thread, perhaps?

Reply to
PJGH

Much as you are obviously enjoying this exchange, it doesn't in any way help the person who has a problem with the (un)heated seats. I was hoping for some helpful replies, since my daughter has the same problem with her Saab 900. It was obviously too much to hope for...

Reply to
Anne Jackson

It's called topic creep, or going off on a tangent.

It's not a usenet thing, next time you're chatting with anyone, mentally note what topic you start on and then see where you are 20 minutes later.

Try not to be so irascible, people tend to ignore others who get bad tempered, funnily enough that advice applies to real life also.

Al

Reply to
Al

I don't understand. There are several helpful replies on this thread. They arrived within a few hours of the original post. There would have been more, but the OP didn't want to take it any further. It seems that she got all the information she wanted, so people stopped supplying it. All of these extra irrelevant replies, including yours and mine, are a bonus.

No-one knew you were there and wanted more. If you wanted the discussion on the original post to go into greater depth, then you should have made that known. Otherwise, you have no cause to whinge.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp