1999 Saab 9-5 misfire diagnosis

My '99 9-5 began "bucking" on uphills under high power and low RPM and The "check engine" light came on (4 cylinder engine).

My mechanic read the OBD-II messages from the computer and they were "cylinder 1 misfire" and "random cylinder misfire." He changed the spark plugs and then the ignition cassette (which is the entire computer/coil assmbly that plugs onto the four spark plugs) and was surprised that it still behaved the same way.

Any thoughts on what else could cause this?

Thanks! Joel

Reply to
Joel