Re: 97 Chev Blazer Fuel/Injector Problem? HELP

I HAVE A 96 BLAZER 4.3L AND THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AND THE DIAGNOTIC TEST CAME BACK WITH P0300 (MULTIPLE/RANDOM CYLINDER MISFIRE). I HAVE REPLACED WIRES, SPARK PLUGS, ROTOR, DISTRIBUTOR CAP,, IGNITION COIL, IGNITION MODULE CONTROL, T.P.S SENSOR, AIR MASS CONTROL SENSOR, AIR THROTTLE CONTROL SENSOR. WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS WHAT ELSE CAN CAUSE MULTIPLE/ RANDOM CYLINDER MISFIRE. THANK YO

Reply to
96BLAZERMAN

First, lose the caps lock. Second, before throwing hundreds of dollars of parts at it did you bother to either run a fuel pressure test or change the $4 fuel filter?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

On mine, it was the fuel pressure regulator causing multiple cyl misfires, and making the truck hard to start and keep running at idle. Also had "black cloud" out the exhaust at starat, and smell of unburned fuel.

96BLAZERMAN wrote:

TEST CAME BACK WITH P0300 (MULTIPLE/RANDOM CYLINDER MISFIRE). I HAVE REPLACED WIRES, SPARK PLUGS, ROTOR, DISTRIBUTOR CAP,, IGNITION COIL, IGNITION MODULE CONTROL, T.P.S SENSOR, AIR MASS CONTROL SENSOR, AIR THROTTLE CONTROL SENSOR. WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS WHAT ELSE CAN CAUSE MULTIPLE/ RANDOM CYLINDER MISFIRE. THANK YOU

Reply to
Merlin