89/9k: DCC without life/dark

When I bought my 89/9k the DCC dsplay was blank/dark from the beginning and I thoght: OK it's gone! Forget it! But oday the sun beamed in a certain angle on the display an d I saw that it is still working but without background light (or whatever). I tried to get the unit out but was unsuccessfull. Is there a chance a) to get it out without removing half of the car b) to find the reason (blown bulb or whatever) and to do some exchange?

regards

Michael

Reply to
Michael Limpinsel

Remove your radio then push DCC out from behind. Bulb holder twists out of rear of unit.

HTH

Reply to
Adrian England

I'm not sure we are discussing the same device. DCC means the board computer which shows trip, clock and temperature on a small screen. If I remove the radio I cannot by any means reach up to this unit. Above my radio I have the air conditioning stuff.

Reply to
Michael Limpinsel

We are talking about the same thing. Once you got the radio out you can push the ACC out first. Or remove the half dozen or so screws holding the dash top in place and reach in that way.

Reply to
Adrian England