9000 Aero - turbo not there!??? HELP

drove a 96 9000 Aero...5speed manual, 160,000km looked fairly clean all over, engine sounded good...

BUT

on the highway, foot to the floor... it didn't have the pull i was expecting. There was no kick anywhere on the power band to indicate the turbo kicking in. and the turbo boost guage only went up to maybe 1/3 of yellow. it was a big dissapointment.

basically - what could be wrong mechanically - best case and worst case?

thanks,

Bastar

Reply to
enhema

Happened to me with my 9000 Aero a while back. Everything else was normal, the car just felt like a non-turbo. There was a hissing noise when I kicked the throttle. Thge Saab service place found a "leak" I think in one of the hoses or something and was easily fixed.

Good luck, Pete

Reply to
pmg

Had the same thing on my 9-5. Problem was only an actuator clip that had come undone inside turbo. Still cost £100 labour though at the Saab main dealer to dismantle and fix.

Good luck.

Reply to
Full spec