9000 CSE power window switches

The center console window switches in my 98 9000CSE work only intermittently, specially the back windows. The switches at the back doors work fine. I am guessing that the contacts are dirty, especially considering that their horizontal orientation is an invitation to dirt. How can I get the center consoles switches out without causing any damage? My service shop warned me that I would end up with "a hundred parts" in my hand if I tried to do it myself and recommended a new switch assembly at $300US. Thanks for any suggestions.

Reply to
Mike

There aren't anywhere near a hundred parts - maybe about 20 or so.

Remove the switch pack, find a nice desk and a set of screwdrivers, and take it apart slowly. Keep it horizontal when you take the two halves apart.

Clean, put back together, and you're done.

Reply to
Grunff

I believe that it is not the switches, but some other relay or fuse. In my 1993 9000 CSE, the window switches sometimes don't work in the morning immediately after starting, but works 5 minutes later on my journey.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen