Power Window Problems

I have a 2000 Sportage that has developed a weird electrical problem. My right rear window stopped operating. I assumed it was a bad motor and replaced it. Wasn't the problem. the motor would go down, but not up. When the motor is not bolted in, it works fine. I trouble shot the switches. Switched out different ones and switched pins on master to see if they operated other windows. All seemed to work fine. I mistakenly tried to bolt it back in with the key turned on and got some sparks when motor contacted door metal. I removed the wiring harness from the door and pillar and looked for bare wires. Found none. I didn't remove it from under the seats. Any ideas? Thanks

Reply to
Rick Rockett

Rick,

Have you owned the vehicle since new? I know the 2000 Sportages were re-called because of rear power window problems. check your vehicle V.I.N with your local dealer. They could tell you if it was serviced or not. If you have owned it from new, then it sounds like your a handyman and likely have not had it serviced at the dealer and there fore have likely missed a service bulletin that the dealer would have taken care of when the vehicle was in for routine service. Check with the dealer, it will not cost you nothing if in fact there was a recall.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Reply to
murban

Faulty window regulators have plagued KIAs for some time...see your dealer about some relief.

Reply to
Allen Crawford

Reply to
Rick Rockett

Well good luck...mine proved to be a regulator and the service department took care of it right away. The 02 Spectra is at 10.5k miles and going strong. Mileage still sucks for a 1.8 litre but that is due to my hot footin':-)

Reply to
Allen Crawford