9000cse idle speed question...

Hi all- The idle on our 1993 9000 cse is acting strange. The car runs fine, but in drive, it idles around 1000-1100rpm. In nuetral or park, it idles at about 1500rpm....It doesn't race or surge up and down, it's just high...

Any ideas on what would cause this, but allow the car to run fine???

Don't know if its related but the climate control fan speed is racing up and down as well....

Thanks as always....Chris

Reply to
Chris O'Malley

It is likely caused by a vacuum leak. Listen around in the engine for whistling noises. Once had this due to a split end of a small size hose from the manifold, apparently carrying a pressure signal to a sensor. The split was hidden from view from above. I cut 1" of hose end, refitted and bingo.

Otherwise, a general cleaning of the air intake and Air Idler Valve might also help.

Johannes

Johannes H Andersen