91 900 Heater Hose replacement questions

I am looking to replace my lower(?) heater hose, it is a Y'ed hose that runs from the firewall( heater matrix) to the water pump and branches off to under the carb area. My problem is that the end at the water pump is impossible to get at, I can sort of see the hose clamp, but no way off accessing it. My question(s) What do I have to remove to replace this hose, can I remove the air condition compressor, and get at it that way, and if so, How do I remove the compressor, I can see two bolts, but do I also have to remove the alternator, or anything else, god forbid

Do I have to remove the intake manifold, How much of a hassle is this, it looks like I would have to disconnect quite a bit to get at all the bolts there as well.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I dont want to start causing other problems tearing off things if I dont need to. It is a little too rainy and windy here today to work on anyway!

It is a 91 Saab 900, 2.1 litre, Air conditioning, automatic trans, Cant think of anything else that might be relevant

Thanks, Pat

Reply to
Pat Noonan

I no longer own a c900. But if I remember correctly you have to remove the AC compressor and the steel bracket it is bolted on to perform the procedure. Good luck.

Reply to
yaofeng